Thursday, August 2, 2012

DETOX - GOING RAW

Well!!  Things are changing fast in our household for sure!  It's been only a few months (April 2010) and we're going raw!  We had our first stinging nettle smoothie a few days ago and it was very yummy!!! (used apple juice, spinach, nettles, and a bit of water).  It started our bodies on a little detox!

We've only had a little bit of cooked foods the last few weeks, and after cooking up some beans that have been in the cupboard (that no one wanted to eat lol), we got sick!!  We'd had barely any cooked food in weeks and it hit hard. I threw up and hubby had bowel issues; thankfully our little one (the healthiest person in our family) didn't get sick.  :)  Then to top it all off, I ate too many nuts watching a movie (wasn't paying attention to my food!!!! tsk tsk), my gallbladder didn't let me forget and I was in pain all day :(  Never again!  Watch your fat intake!



Your fat intake should be lower than your veg/leaf & fruit/berry intake. 
Eat MOSTLY fruits, melons, and berries. 
Eat healthy fats (avocado, coconut, nuts & seeds, etc). 
Avoid heated fats and anything hydrogenated! 
Eat MOSTLY raw foods.

So I'm feeling better, I actually took this video yesterday (APRIL 2010), I'm almost back to "normal" whatever that is LOL!  I'm watching what I eat more carefully while I detox! We've decided to do away - all together - with cooked food!!! At least for now (an unknown amount of time) - in order to detoxify our bodies. 

YES!! That's right!  We're going raw!!  :)

Aside from needing a juicer; still, and now we've added a dehydrator to that list.  Also, we made some Rejuvelac and that was another thing that boosted the detox.  Fun fun lol!

Now we need a colonic!!  I'd say that's a must when you finally go raw (my opinion is what's the point if you're still eating, what I call "crap") LOL!  So I've looked into it and there's a place not to far from here woohoo!!  Just gotta save up $60 first.



Check us out on Facebook & YouTube!
Peace & Love  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment