Tuesday, July 17, 2012

HEALTH - GETTING STARTED

MyHealthierMe is a progression.  One day I hope to be able to say I'm "MyHealthYMe," but today, I am still trying and learning.

The struggle of health is not an easy road to travel.  You only know what you see.  You only know what you believe is real.  What you eat matters... that is real.  Anyone that tells you any different has yet to discover the truth.

The reality of food is an illusion.  Society is just one point of view.  What is your point of view?  Only you can decide what you know, what you believe to be real.  So what I'm saying... you create your points of view, you decide what you believe.

Believe that REAL food can heal you.  Believe that REAL food is what your body needs.

What is REAL food?  

Organic Fruits & Vegetables, Nuts & Seeds, Superfoods, Herbs... these are all REAL food.  This is where we'll start, for now.  If you do your best every day to get as much real food into your body as you can, I promise, your body will thank you.  You will feel alive.


Packaged food is a curse.  Money makers.  I think of food in a package as someone's product.  The someone being the individual reaping the most rewards from it's sales (not you).  Real food grows.  FREE!!  You benefit even more when you grow it yourself (you have control over what goes in the soil).

YourHealthierYou starts with the CHOICES you make.  You can't make good choices without educated experiences and willingness to change.

Start by not buying foods that are packaged, boxed, bagged, canned, frozen, etc.  They are acidic to your body and that is the last thing you want.  Any step down the right path is better than no step at all.

Eliminate meat from your diet.  If that seems impossible to you at this point in time (I understand, I was there), then I recommend that you reduce the amount of meat you eat drastically.  I'd cut out red meat and stick to chicken and turkey; organic only.  Meat can't help you.  There are plenty of plant based foods that can replace the meat in your diet.  I'll probably get to that in more detail soon.  But for now, know that it's acidic to your body.

What's all this acidity talk?  What's pH balance?  Keep your eyes open for a video about that soon!
If you just can't wait... you can always look it up!  ;)

Everything you have in your kitchen could probably be upgraded.  If you love apples, upgrade to organic.  If you love crackers, upgrade to spelt or rice (or better yet, make your own).


I'll eventually post a few recipes that helped me transition from "meat-dairy-product-eater" to the almost all the way vegan that I am today.  


I love to cook and I love to eat! :)

Check us out on Facebook & YouTube!
Peace & Love  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment